Black oxide services
Black Oxide Coating is a conversion coating that is popular in architectural, construction and industrial applications. We offer oil-impregnated black oxide, primarily used for its corrosion resistance. Black oxide coatings also come in a glossy (non-oil) blend for exterior applications where appearance is important.
Black oxide is a type of metal coating that is typically used on steel parts. The black oxide process involves using a chemical reaction to convert the surface of the steel into a black oxide film. This film is very thin and has a number of benefits, including improved corrosion resistance and increased wear resistance.
- Surface preparation : As machined (Ra 3.2μm / Ra 126μin)
- Colors : Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper
- Applicable materials : Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper
- Cosmetic availability : No
- Visual appearance : Smooth black matte
- Thickness : 0-30μm / 0-1181μin