As-machined services are performed prior to heat treating or plating to ensure that the final product meets all engineering specifications.
As-machined(Ra 3.2μm / Ra 126μin)
- Surface roughness : Ra 3.2μm / Ra 126μin
- Applicable materials : Metals, plastics
- Cosmetic availability : Not cosmetic
- Visual appearance : Machining marks are visible, but l ight surface scratches are not visible
Example of an as machined part
When are as-machined services used?
As-machined services are used in a variety of ways, but typically when a manufacturer needs a custom or unique part for their product. For example, if you need a specific connector for your device that isn’t commercially available, an as-machined service can produce that for you. This is also a common solution for prototypes and one-of-a-kind components.
There are many as-machined services available, so it’s important to do your research and find the best provider for your needs. The quality of the service and the accuracy of the finished product will depend on the capabilities of the machine shop. Make sure to ask about the shop’s capabilities and experience before placing your order.
Here are some things to consider when choosing an as-machined service:
- What kind of parts do you need?
- What are the dimensions and tolerances of those parts?
- What is the timeframe for delivery?
- What is the cost?
- Is there a minimum order quantity?
- Is there a design or engineering fee?
- What is the quality of the finished product?
- What are the shipping costs?